Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society?
Our team provides the internal social coding platform code.siemens.com and its eco-system to over 40000 people within Siemens. You are a recognized leader in the global Open Source community and will coach and lead our developer community towards to Open Source collaboration style. You become part of a small team of highly skilled people. We are using Infrastructure as Code, Containers and many other technologies as part of this growing eco-system.
As a Senior Open Source Specialist, you will:
- Coach and guide the 20000 developers across all organizations (Business Units, Corporate Units, etc.) on the Open Source way of working and related tooling
- Influence major strategic decisions at Siemens regarding implementation of Open Source culture and tools
- Contribute towards strategic Open Source Software projects on behalf of Siemens
- Implement API thinking and guide developers on APIs
To make a difference, you must be:
- Recognized as established Open Source leader, contributor and maintainer within well-known projects
- A master or PhD in Computer Science or in related fields
- An open source specialist with +10 years experience in developing and analyzing complex distributed systems
- Someone with a proven track record of shaping the culture regarding Open Source within a multinational company
- An expert with strong cybersecurity mindset and understanding of typical attack vectors
- Knowledgeable on Linux, CI/CD and multiple programming languages
- Fluent in English, (Portuguese or German a plus)
Curious about our Tech hub?
The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 1000 experts with several IT expertise: Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Big-Data and Robotics, Cyber Security, Project Management and much more, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Find out more about the Digital Minds
You will love to have:
Flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering initiatives, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Pluralsight, Learnlight, Bookboon, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time