At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Laboratory Technician 4.
In this role in Technical Operations, you will be performing investigations and technical studies to resolve scientific problems associated with the formulations of ADVIA Centaur and Atellica reagents and components.
You will report to the Technical Operations Manager for Cardiac and Bone assays.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Laboratory Technician 4, you will be responsible for:
- Performing experiments in the lab associated (but not limited to) trials of modified reagent formulations, troubleshooting of issues leading to failed components and reagents, and verifications/validations of changes to existing reagent/component formulations.
- Data analysis of the experiments described above.
- Running automated robotic instrumentation such as Atellica, ADVIA Centaur CP, ADVIA Centaur XP, and ADVIA Centaur XPT instruments.
- Running (and maintaining) other lab instrumentation such as spectrophotometers, ph/conductivity meters, HPLC, etc.
- Preparing buffers, and assay formulations at small scale
- Working with biological fluids of human and animal origin, as well as hazardous materials including hazardous materials, including DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled materials.
- Obtaining and analyzing large volumes of complex data needed to complete testing and troubleshooting activities.
- Participating in and investigating issues associated with raw materials, immunoassay reagents, and testing components.
- Effectively communicating investigation summaries and provide solutions to relevant stake holders.
- Overtime and off-shift work may be required.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or relevant years’ experience.
- 3+ years job related experience (may include time in an advanced degree).
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work in a high pace team setting as well as independently.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Job includes the handling of all types of materials, including hazardous and DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled materials. The successful candidate must pass a DEA background check.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience include:
- Experience working with SAP.
- Good understanding and knowledge quality regulations and cGMP.
- Prior manufacturing and validation experience.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.