Siemens is looking for a Proposal Manager, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. He/she will be responsible for the preparation and submission of proposals in the Digital Grid Business Unit (Digital Grid Software).
The Proposal Manager will work as a contributing member of a proposal team, maintaining and upgrading proposal templates, format, standard content, and related pricing tools to support new tenders, products and service maintenance/improvements over time.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to work closely with the Smart Infrastructure Business Development team and Sales organization to develop proposals that support and complement their transaction strategies.
The proposal will collaborate with the project execution team to assure that proposal content and related scope of supply descriptions and schedules of delivery can be fully supported, and that estimated costs associated with the scope of work are detailed in accordance with requisite approval processes.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most sophisticated engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you handle in the short term?
- Develop new business opportunities with assigned Target Customers
- Prepare final proposal for submittal to customer, including any documentation such as technical data sheets, bids forms, commercial forms, legal forms, bid bonds, etc.
- Coordinate proposal submittal with sales team. Track bid results and participate in negotiations and bid modifications as vital. Collaborate with colleagues of Business Unit to share market data updates
- Register bid results in Offers & Orders database. Compile statistics on bid performance, hit rate and market penetration. Prepare reports on proposals as required.
- Receive orders from customers and prepare order entry information to transfer to project management and contract administration team. Participate in internal and/or external kickoff meetings as required to facilitate the smooth transfer of orders.
- Conform to the commercial policies of Siemens Digital Grid, including cost/price determination, profit requirements, understanding cash flow, understanding contractual terms and conditions, as they relate to Siemens’ policy, as well as LoA and Compliance requirements
And what about the medium-long term?
- You will have the possibility to improve your skills, knowing other international teams and, according to Sales to have assigned specific customers to follow in Italy.
Who are we looking for?A candidate with the following features:
- Hardworking and prepared to manage issues related to technological innovation in Industry 4.0 and Digitalization Topics
- Customer Focus: Ability to anticipate and understand customers’ needs, be responsive and keep commitments
- Good organizational skills to respond to multiple inquiries in a timely and professional manner This is a position requiring attention to detail with a strong focus on time and task management, capable of handling many orders and tasks in parallel.
- Experience in technical department within e-mobility (a previous experience in this sector will be appreciated), SCADA Systems and RTUs, Distribution Management System and applications in Electrical Field.
- Bachelor's / Three Years Master's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science Diploma or Technical High School Diploma
- Good knowledge of Italian and English, both written and spoken
- Strong orientation to reach targets, initiative, autonomy and propensity to work in team
- Positive relationship building skills with customers, sales force and extensive knowledge of the energy market
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the ambitious spirit are rewarded;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
- Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
- Shareholding plans for the employee;
- Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Meal totally paid by the company;
- Company’ s Personal Computer and Smartphone.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We look forward to receiving an online application in response to this job offer. Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered. Please upload your CV in English and an accompanying letter would be appreciated.Contacts
For further information or questions you can contact:
Siemens S.p.A.Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
Via Privata Vipiteno, 4, 20128 Milan
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time