The Siemens PLM Software Professional Services team takes pride in delivering customers leading edge manufacturing, planning, quality and laboratory management systems through a Professional Services team that is unparalleled in the industry. Siemens PLM Software is seeking candidates with manufacturing industry experience in process design, controls, interfacing, and/or quality to enhance our field services team as a Solution Architect.
A Siemens PLM Solution Architect is a key member of the deployment team providing industry guidance, implementation services and mentoring to our customers in the Americas, specifically around deployment of the Siemens PLM Software suite of products. Siemens PLM Professional Services is a cooperative team environment utilizing domain experience to provide manufacturing digitalization and end to end solutions to everyday manufacturing challenges.
This position will report to the Opcenter Execution Core (Formerly “Camstar”) Practice Lead within the Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) product group. As part of the team, the Architects deploy the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) in the Medical Device, Electronics and Semiconductor industries. Solution Architects grow become deep product and solution experts and belong to a global Community of Practice.
- As a part of the Siemens ownership culture, provide the highest value to our customers using industry knowledge and best-practices to architect, develop, configure and deploy end-to-end software solutions to enhance their manufacturing capability, efficiency, and quality
- Understand, refine and document customer needs and lead the architectural design element to address their business requirements
- Utilize your own knowledge and background to challenge customers to think differently
- Support project management activities to control scope, cost, schedule and quality
- Interact with customers to support management of expectations and customer adoption
- Provide input to Product Development in the creation of the product roadmap and influence the design of new functionality and industry solutions
- Provide continual improvement through active participation in Communities of Practice and contribution to the enhancement of best practices
- Travel up to 75% required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in engineering or computer science or equivalent degree in a technical field
- Domain experience in Medical Device and Diagnostic Manufacturing processes and procedures.
- 3+ years of experience with Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC), best practices, standards, and testing approaches with strong familiarity with high-level programming languages such as JAVA, C++, C#, SQL
- 3+ years of experience in discrete and/or process industry manufacturing environments and/or configuration and deployment of Manufacturing Execution Systems in such environments
- Experience with requirements gathering and documentation, test plan generation and execution
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) skills
- Self-managed; strong communication skills (written and oral); leadership of small teams
- Customer-facing experience and related soft skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in Medical Device and Diagnostics Manufacturing
- Experience developing systems that integrate corporate solutions (PLM, ERP, WHMS, etc.) and/or controls level solutions (test equipment, OPC, PLCs, flat-file, etc.)
- Experience in Computer System Validation for Medical Device Manufacturing
- Experience in electronics assembly processes and equipment
- Preferred job locations: Minneapolis, MN; Detroit or Livonia, MI; Chicago or Peoria, IL; Plano, TX; St. Louis, MO; Rochester, NY; Charlotte, NC; Newport News, VA; or Baltimore, MD; Atlanta, GA; San Jose, Cypress, or Fremont, CA; or Phoenix, AZ.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.