Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of the Build and Infrastructure Group for their flagship Calibre product. The group works on multiple areas of the SDLC including Source code management, building CI/CD pipelines, setting up and maintaining infrastructure both on-prem and on the cloud, licensing, clearing OSS, build and release management.
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products.
- Manages assigned releases and projects release including defining scope, plans, schedules, and deliverables.
- Builds and releases help products.
- Develops test plans and coordinates and executes QA testing.
- Identifies tools and processes to improve/facilitate production activities.
- Analyze requirements to translate into technical solutions.
- Writes/updates scripts to support and enhance production processes.
- Supports writing staff on use of tools and processes.
- Proactively communicates status on all projects and releases.
- Apply appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve technical problems.
- Participates in special projects, marketing efforts and formal proposals.
- Develop new ideas and document all processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related technical field.
- 2-3 Years of experience in a related field.
- Proficiency in administrating and troubleshooting Linux operating systems.
- Experience in Enterprise Support.
- Excellent coding and scripting skills: C/C++, perl, python, and bash.
- Knowledge of SCM tools. Git or any modern SCM like perforce and CVS.
- Experience with build systems like GNU Make, CMake and Bazel.
- Knowledge in release orchestration tools (Gitlab and Jenkins).
- DevOps experience (CI/CD) is a huge plus! Understanding Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery concepts.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time