During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Application Engineer – Simcenter STAR-CCM+
As part of our continued growth we are seeking a highly motivated Application Engineer to join our Simcenter Customer Support organization, to provide technical advice in all aspects of engineering analysis to our clients using mainly Simcenter STAR-CCM+ but also other tools from our Simcenter portfolio across a wide range of industry sectors.
The role will be based in our Wroclaw office.Position:
This position is an opportunity to be at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in industrial and research environments. You will be operating in various sectors, such as Aerospace, Energy, Automotive and Marine, in application areas such as aerodynamics, thermal cooling, fluid structure interaction, combustion and multiphase flows.
The Application Engineer is encouraged to work closely with current and potential customers to understand their engineering workflow and processes and propose solution methodologies and best practices to help them meet their objectives. General day to day activities include:
- Using all aspects of CFD: CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes
- Following and using the new modelling techniques and features introduced in each release of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ (there are 3 per year), finding new application areas and creating new simulation examples
- Conducting training courses and customised mentoring;
- Conducting product demonstrations for a broad range of applications;
- Working on benchmark and validation studies;
- Interacting with customers remotely or at their offices, to get a deep understanding of their challenges & assist them with their projects;
Crafting engineering solutions to fix or improve the customers’ CAE workflow and results - in performance, accuracy and robustness;
- Encouraging and enabling the use of automated design space exploration and optimisation;
- Presenting our technology at seminars and conferences;
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a client facing role are essential to success in this fast-paced, exciting & broad engineering role. If you are creative, like to take the initiative and want to be involved in groundbreaking CAE technology this is an excellent opportunity for you.Job requirements:
- A good first degree in engineering, mathematics or sciences
- MSc / PhD in fluid mechanics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem solving & organisational skills
- Simcenter STAR-CCM+ or other commercial / open source CFD codes
- FEA tools such as Simcenter 3D or equivalent commercial / open source codes
- 1D System Simulation tools such as Simcenter Amesim or equivalent commercial / open source codes
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time