Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Python programmer to write software to configure and control our hardware IP. You will join our growing team in Poznan, Poland (Hybrid / Remote working available).
Area of responsibility
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
- Be responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
- Create, document, and execute software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts.
- Act as technical lead of major projects within one area of a product.
- Frequently consult with customers in regard to future upgrades and products.
- Influence the technical direction for one area of a product. Promote innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into at least one area of a product and to our people.
- Provide high-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
- Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group, and be a technical lead in guiding junior engineers.
- Proven, extensive, Python development experience.
- Good knowledge of C/C++, specifically interworking between Python and C++ using CFFI, boost.python, pybind11 or equivalent.
- Programmed multi-threaded and/or multi-core systems.
- A proven ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems.
What would be beneficial?
- Strong scripting knowledge (e.g. bash).
- A solid understanding of TDD principles.
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time