The Commodity Manager Brand Label Products and Systems assigned to the EM LP Business in USA/Canada/Mexico unit drives the development and implementation of a procurement strategy for the area of Brand Label Products and Systems Business; Proactively interacts with EM EP Product Management to ensure alignment with Business Requirements, Early Procurement and Supplier Involvement and achieving financial and non-financial targets by application of all relevant procurement levers, I.E. Negotiations, Supplier Management, Contract management, and Delivery Reliability.
The position reports to head of procurement EP North America and functionally to Procurement manager, Brand Label and Systems for EP North America.
Successfully manages the assigned purchasing volume in the area of Brand Label Products and Systems Business $50 million. Area of responsibility has significant impact on the overall success of the Business Unit Product Lifecycle Management strategy, operational performance and cost reduction targets:
• Ensures compliance of procurement process through Early Procurement Involvement (E.P.I.) in Brand Label Strategy and Systems sales and order management activities.
• Lead Global strategy for transformer, supporting EP business outside of north America.
• Implement strategy for major commodities/Brand Label business, that aligns strategically with BU EM EP. Commodity focus is on Transformers (Global Responsibility), Capacitor Banks and Battery Systems.
• Achieves cost reduction targets under consideration of delivery reliability, quality aspects and total cost of ownership.
• Focuses on Contribution to Net Income, (CNI) and Contribution-to-Growth (CTG) KPI for System Business.
• Implements/Supports Buy-Siemens initiatives for Systems Procurement.
• Creates transparency on the supplier market, introduces and drives qualification of new suppliers, benchmarks existing supplier base
• Participates in the PLM process and integrates supplier and supply market expertise prior to decisions on product portfolio.
• Lead supplier management in commercial issues, supplier qualification, development and overall relationship management.
• Risk Management: Develop supplier relationships resulting in optimized supply chain efficiencies and security of supply. Evaluate supplier's capabilities and capacities while implementing plans to ensure adequate supply of goods and services. Negotiate agreements. with suppliers that mitigate or spread the overall risk.
• Assist and escalation in negotiations for Logistics and Shipping Agreement, including consigned inventory, vendor managed inventory.
• Responsible for Overall Supplier Management and supplier relationship management. Participate in Supplier Qualification, annual supplier evaluation, & supplier development.
What you need:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Supply Chain required.
2. At least 5-7 years strong experience working in some aspect of Supplier Management, Product Management, Sales or Product Development preferably relative to a Project/factory environment.
3. Demonstrated procurement skills in the areas of Supplier Management, Contract Negotiations, Supply chain Processes, Sourcing, Product Lifecycle Management, and system integration.
4. Strong written and verbal Communication skills including extensive expertise in presentation development and delivery. Comfortable working with higher levels of management within an organization.
5. Past experience demonstrating and applying advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
6. Understanding and application of functional management approaches and leading and acting in cross-functional teams. Team player.
7. Solid continuous improvement skills.
8. Ability to travel 15% to North American Operational sites and Supplier’s Facilities in mainly North America.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. An engineering degree is not mandatory, but advantageous
2. International business experience is also an advantage
3. Sales, System Integration R&D or Product Management
4. Commercial Procurement Expertise is important.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.