We are more than Financial Services - We are turning ideas into reality! Be it the global transition to cleaner energy sources, the digitalization of manufacturing, the rapid development of smart infrastructure, mobility solutions and healthcare systems - financing is more crucial than ever. We make real what matters by combining our financial expertise with deep technical know-how to provide unique financial solutions. Do you want to play a meaningful role in helping build a better future? Are you also keen on turning established thinking on its head in the search for game-changing solutions that maximize value creation? Then join our dynamic team and let us work together on that which will be important tomorrow!The Job Summary
We are looking for an experienced debt originator with extensive knowledge of project & structured finance debt in the Asian markets to join our team in the Siemens Bank Singapore Branch. She/He will be expected to develop, grow and help manage a pipeline and backlog of transactions in order to meet or exceed business targets. At the same time, she/he should also help to serve the Siemens Business Companies and their customer’s projects in the Asian region with targeted debt solutions in line with the Project and Structured Finance Debt segments’ overarching strategy and in close collaboration with the Head of the segment and fellow team members.Your Key Responsibilities
- Represent the SFS debt business in a senior capacity, with emphasis on syndicated debt in the Energy and Infrastructure sectors, mainly project and structured finance debt transactions ranging from US$20mln to multi-billion transaction sizes, acting as a mandated lead arranger.
- Generate structured solutions, pricing and asset analysis, creation of term sheets to enable the deal team to offer optimal debt solutions as a key part of the financial offering to Siemens AG and third-party customers.
- Originate and execute primary and secondary market transactions and thereby enhance new business and help enter new markets to build up asset volume, effectively contributing to the strategy of the segment as well as the overall SFS strategic goals and ambitions to excel as sustainable entrepreneur.
- Coordinate with our Finance Advisory, Equity- and Risk Management teams within the SFS and Siemens businesses who are active in the region and work closely with the other team members beyond Asia Australia in sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Taking ownership with the evaluation and presentation of opportunities during prescreen and credit approval stages to the SFS Managing Directors and SFS/ Siemens Bank Credit Committee whilst also collaborating with internal business partners (e.g. Risk Management, Legal Operations, etc.) to ensure transactions are completed and funded on time.
- Act as additional mentor and team ambassador of the Singapore Branch Internship Program which intends to contribute to the job readiness of Singaporean interns.
- Min bachelor’s degree in finance or banking / MBA or equivalent qualification is recommended.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, FRM, ASIA, CPA considered an advantage
- Min 8 years relevant experience in a banking/ project and structured finance environment with at least 5 years’ recent experience in the Asian markets; you should preferably already be based in Singapore.
- Broad and deep commercial understanding and awareness of finance industry in context of project and structured finance debt.
- Sound relationships with arranging banks, advisors, private equity developers and/or funds as well as key partners in the borrower community. Experience in leading and clubbing transactions will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Energy & Infrastructure Sectors, including key players, market dynamics and business mechanics will be preferred.
- Previous experience in involvement, negotiation and execution of complex project finance and related transactions is essential. In this regard, you should be able to demonstrate and upon request provide a (unanimous) list of successful projects closed in the preceding 3-5 years, plus elaboration on the exact role you played with these closings.
- A high-performance professional who possesses strong communication skills, experience in working in a multicultural environment and demonstratable stakeholder management expertise.
· Medium amount of travelling will be required (considering the current Covid-19 restrictions).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Bank GmbH, Singapore Branch
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time