The Position: Production Planning Manager
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a newly public, growing medical device company which has developed a unique robotic system to be used during percutaneous procedures in the cath lab. The company is establishing a new standard for the physician quality of life, workflow efficiency, and improved patient outcome. The company is financially strong and is backed by leading investors.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Effective Date: February, 1st 2021
Position Summary: Working under limited supervision this individual will provide expertise in domestic and international shopping, an inventory control strategy, vision, and leadership for all inventory control functions, which includes all material movements, inventory transactions, and associated staff including shipping and receiving. This person will provide metrics for on-time delivery, cycle count accuracy, and inventory levels. This person will maintain and communicate quality standards; write reports and ensures all documentation (DHRs) are accurately completed. In addition, this individual will be responsible for level loading manufacturing production schedule via MRP, participate in the S&OP process, interface with supply chain, and customer service.
- Manage employees in the roles and responsibilities of central stores, shipping and receiving on all daily operational functions. Demonstrates leadership through constant professional conduct and example.
- Successfully ship internationally abiding by all specific county regulations.
- Works closely with companies’ distribution hubs to set stocking levels and re-ordering schedule.
- Interfaces with Sales, Marketing, and Finance via a S&OP process to formulate a forecast. Responsible for transferring forecast into a production and supply chain procurement plan via MRP.
- Continuously improve the operations inventory control in concert with cross functional peers.
- Strives to be subject matter expert within companies MRP system (Currently SAP), makes MRP improvements and is responsible for data integrity.
- Expedites material procurement, inspections, material transformation to ensure 100% customer satisfaction in the areas of quality and on time delivery.
- Works closely with engineering, procurement, customer support, product support, sales and marketing, finance, and other functional organizations to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Ensures all orders are processed and shipped according to priority status as assigned by Customer Service.
- Ensures all work orders are completed via there priority status designated by the planning group.
- Assists in and drives floor layouts in central stores and finished goods areas for optimal efficiency and space utilization.
- Makes recommendations for policies and procedures which will improve quality, cycle time, and streamlines material movements. Recommends substitutions and / or changes to specifications as required.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Expertise in international shipping (Carnet, HTS Codes, Tariffs, Chamber of Commerce).
- Experience with the design and use of ERP/MRP systems is a must. (SAP preferred).
- Apex certification preferred.
- IART certification preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment required (medical preferred)
- Ability to learn, train, and follow good manufacturing practices (FDA/GMP's) and other applicable regulatory standards (ISO9000, WEEE, and RoHS) and ensure operational compliance.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to travel approximately 5%, including internationally.
Working Hours & Environment:
· This is an exempt position.
· Working hours are customizable as long as they are consistent and a min of 40 between 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
· Overtime work by department personnel, as required, may include weekends.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.