Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to College for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a L3 Qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
The Intelligent Traffic Systems part of Siemens Mobility Limited designs, markets, manufactures, installs and maintains a wide portfolio of international traffic management products and is the UK market leader in the traffic signal business. This includes intersection and pedestrian traffic controllers, intelligent urban traffic control systems, variable message signs, public transport and car park guidance systems to enhance road safety and improve traffic flow in congested urban and inter-urban areas.
We are recruiting candidates to join our office based apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in IT and Business
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 2-year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Bid and proposal co-ordinator standard and on successful completion, you will be eligible for membership of the Association of Bid and Proposal Management Professionals (APMP).
Here is how the programme works:
- The likelihood is that you will be at College on a 1 day a week basis and you’ll spend the rest of your time in the Office working with the team which could involve providing support to all affiliated functions to assist the quality and timely completion of tenders - including examination and interpretation Customer’s specifications & site drawings to identify traffic related equipment take off and services, contributing to tender responses including issuing requests to relevant internal departments to obtain costs and written responses to Customer question within specified turnaround times. Collate all costs, calculate prices and prepare summary sheets for management authorisation.
- General business administration including filing, typing, document management and emailing. During this time, your development is intended to provide a thorough grounding in your discipline, develop personal and management skills.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You should have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- As the apprenticeship involves completing academic qualifications and occupational skills developments, you should have good organisational skills and be able to manage your time appropriately.
- You should be IT literate, able to use Microsoft Office packages.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above (A-C) including maths and English language or 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Tendering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time