At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The UX Designer in the Customer Experience team at Siemens DISW will join a team of designers working on the holistic end-to-end customer experience. In this role, you will gain understanding of business and customer problems and design solutions using wireframes. In addition to designing wireframes, you will lead our the annotation efforts to ensure our wireframes give the clearest guidance to development teams around the company. The UX Designer needs to be organizationally and politically savvy to succeed in a matrix and cross-functional global organization working with development and design teams globally.
What will be my tasks?
The UX Designer for the CX team will be responsible for:
(1) Designing web experiences and mapping the customer interactions through web, email, and with people
(2) Enhance user experience by creating seamless navigation through various digital programs and interfaces within the company, including product
(3) Provide wireframes as a result of research with practical improvements backed by data/research
(4) Own our research tools and channels and provide training to other UX designers and teams on best practices
(5) Build storyboards to conceptualize designs to accurately convey project plans to clients and senior management
(6) Design the aesthetics to be implemented within a website or product, from the layout menus and drop-down options to colors and fonts allowing for interface edits as needed
Qualifications for UX Designer
- BA or BS in User Experience, Design, or related field
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
- Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
- Experience with UX research tools and best practices
- Continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies
- Professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with customers and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Account for challenges using problem-solving skills and seek to optimize data for the best possible outcome
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, and website mapping
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.