At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The UX Writer in the Customer Experience team at Siemens DISW will join a team of designers working on the holistic end-to-end customer experience.
Words can embody as much design ethic as a wireframe.
You want to join an exciting team of designers and product managers. You use design thinking and Human Centered Design practices to create a compelling content experience for website visitors and customers and research and testing to create the perfect tone for customers. You want to advocate for customers to make sure that terms and actions are perfectly clear. You know how to remove jargon, build better web experiences, and make content measurable, and you love walking the fine line between web, email, and product experience to help customers at every stage of their journey with us. You love collaborating with designers, content strategists, and developers.
What will be my tasks?
- Create copy within products and on web experiences and flows
- Create and maintaining UX guidelines and style guides that include tone of voice for web
- Create a long-term strategy for UX content
- Understand data and how to use it for content strategy
- Work with different stakeholders like legal departments and support to ensure your copy and strategy align with overall company goals
- Understand key product strategy metrics and tying them into your content strategy
- Create micro-copy and long form
- Create help content and tool tips where needed for the web experience
- Write error messages or outage notifications and workaround steps needed for web and product.
- Think locally, and understand how UI content should be written for a better localized experience.
- BA or BS in User Experience, Strategic Content, or related field
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in strategic Content and/or UX writing
- Examples of dramatically improving customer experience through content improvements
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
- Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
- Experience with UX research tools and best practices
- Experience building or revising a style guide
- Professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with customers and clients
- A portfolio of web content examples
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Account for challenges using problem-solving skills and seek to optimize data for the best possible outcome
- Experience adding content to wireframes, storyboards, and performing information architecture
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.