Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground-breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens in Manchester is the UK Siemens Headquarters, responsible for sales, marketing, and customer services for the global industrial market. We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are excited about the prospect of learning new skills, taking on extra responsibilities and acting as if Siemens was your own business.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 3-year apprenticeship.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Evaluate and select switchgear type in line with the customer system requirements and specification.
- Selecting the correct relay functionality in line with the approved schematic diagram and understand the Basic application and operational requirements of the relay selection
- Support senior engineering in projects and help deliver to a high standard.
- Work with the tendering team to provide competitive technically compliant bids to our customers.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- You are keen to develop and expand your knowledge outside of a formal training environment
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and English language and you will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade B or above, one of which must be a numerate subject.
The benefits of an Electrical apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £16,500 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Electrical applications. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time