We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive and communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our global team of 293,000 colleagues and help us creating environments that care.
Our Supplier Quality department is looking for a colleague to ensure and improve the quality of supplied products and services in the electro and electromechanical sector within the Building Products Business Unit. You will act as SQM contact person in cross-functional teams and with suppliers during product qualification and contribute to sustainable problem solving.
Your new responsibilities
- Coordinate product qualifications and approvals based on specific requirements for Electronic and Electromechanical suppliers. Execute effective PPAP processes at Siemens suppliers
- Assure the complaint management process of detected non-conformances, verify root-cause analysis and communicate with suppliers
- Drive the continuous improvement of internal SQM processes and support new technologies (via digitalization, LEAN/Agile management)
- Conduct supplier assessments and external development projects to improve all supplier quality related weaknesses (on site and remote)
- Support standardized supplier qualification process according corporate guidelines (ready-for-business)
- Implement the agreed commodity and SQM strategy (including value, digitalization and collaboration)
Your skills and experience
- Degree in electrical or electromechanical engineering (University, Swiss FH) or an equivalent technical education with several years of experience
- Sufficient knowledge of QM systems such as ISO 9001 and QM methods (e.g. 8D, PDCA, PPAP, APQP and auditing)
- Sound understanding of manufacturing process of electro and electromechanical commodities
- Several years of experience in a quality department; specific experience in supplier quality would be a plus
- Openness to contribute to digitalization initiatives (e.g. remote audits and software suppliers)
- VDA 6.3 certification as process auditor would be ideal
- Problem-solving and collaborative mindset within a global Quality Task Force
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to utilize resources outside the quality area via direct supplier contact
- Business proficient in German and English
- Willingness to travel upon request to supplier sites up to 10% of the time (when global situation allows)
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland. There are plenty of reasons for this, not least the exciting and in-depth insights into practical work, flexible working models providing the ideal combination of study, work and leisure, relevant networking and a host of entry opportunities at home and abroad. Get a first impression of your new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either