Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. The Solido team in Saskatoon develops and supports some of Siemens EDA's most advanced, machine-learning-enabled software. Top semiconductor companies and foundries around the world use our software to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively, pushing the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip design.
The Applications Engineer works directly with Siemens EDA customers to help grow the adoption and use of Siemens' Solido software in their simulation, characterization, and verification flows. This position combines technical depth with strong communication skills and an appreciation for the business value delivered by Siemens EDA products.
The Applications Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management as well. The Applications Engineer must align closely with the account team to help them meet and exceed quotas as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in product revenue growth. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations.
No prior experience in the semiconductor industry or as an Applications Engineer is required. You will receive on the job training to help you develop all the domain skills you need. Experience with any of the following skills is an asset:
- Library characterization, Liberty data, or static timing analysis (STA).
- SPICE simulation, Monte Carlo simulations, statistical analysis, or analog cell design environments.
- Cell-level IP QA, or any of the circuit design and analysis steps required from synthesis through to RTL.
- Experience with electronic design automation software.
- Linux, Python, or Tcl.
As an Applications Engineer, you work with account teams to drive adoption of Siemens' Solido products (Solido Variation Designer, Solido Characterization Suite, Solido Crosscheck). This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Work together with technology experts at major semiconductor companies to understand their challenges and help them use Solido products to solve those challenges.
- Illustrate the value Siemens EDA brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Siemens' Solido software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
- Execute on pre-sales and post-sales technical activities, including assessments of how company products meet customer needs, the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions, and technical support for sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Drive business for Solido products, using technical expertise and working directly with customers at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
- Assist technical teams, including Solido R&D, to establish value for Solido products and differentiate from the competition.
- Work closely with Solido R&D to address customer feedback and requests.
- Contribute towards the product technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or similar field, with minimum 75% or equivalent average grade in undergraduate program.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and strong customer service skills. Ability to communicate and present complex technical concepts and make them accessible to a variety of different audiences.
- Strong problem solving and debugging ability, as well as the ability to adapt and think on your feet.
- Flexible to work with customers in different time zones from around the world.
- Availability and desire to travel as needed to the US, Asia, and/or Europe.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Canada) ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.