At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsCompany: SISW - EDA
Job Title: High Performance Computing Software Engineer-SISW-EDA-237266Job Category: General Engineering Position Overview
- You will be part of the containerization initiative for Calibre software products. Calibre is a suite of high performance massively parallel software products that typically run on HPC grids and manages its own process orchestration. The goal of this initiative is to investigate, design and develop various software components that enables Calibre to run and deploy under orchestrated container platforms.
- The performance of this role will be measured in both research outcome and software development. In research projects, he/she will need to provide in-depth report and product enhancement recommendations based on the research in container technology. In software development projects, he/she will need to deliver necessary software components in production quality that enable integration with orchestrated container environment.
- You will be working inside the group reports directly to Vice President of Engineering. This group consists of scientists and principal engineers who are focusing on various advance technology research and development for Calibre software product line.
- Major responsibilities include investigating various container orchestration platforms, explore solutions for enabling Calibre software to run inside such environments in particular focusing how both orchestration frameworks can cohabit and Calibre can adapt to being a well-behaved citizen while still maintaining its competitive advantage with its grid computing optimizations.
- Additionally, you will be collaborating with a group of senior engineers across multiple product areas, as well as working with product engineering and customer support team to understand corresponding requirements. Making suggestions for necessary software changes to the various product teams and developing components for container environment integration.
- Design solutions of deploying Calibre products on orchestrated container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Singularity etc.
- Providing recommendations to Calibre software products for necessary changes to adapt to container environment while maintaining the competitive edge of the product.
- Develop software components that enable Calibre to run in the above-mentioned platforms. Bring the implementation to production quality.
- Work with customer support engineers to deploy and maintain the developed solution inside customer environment.
- Investigate various flavor of orchestrated container environment from public cloud providers. Implement corresponding solutions for Calibre software components.
- Education requirements: Master or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering or computer science.
- Technical experience requirements: More than 2-year experience 2 or more from Kubernetes, Mesos, docker, Singularity. More than 5-year experience of 2 type of programming language including Python, Shell, Golang, C++ or similar programming languages. More than 5-year experience with Linux/UNIX platform.
- Industry experience requirement: Either 5-year experience on orchestrated container platform, or more than 5-year experience of EDA software. If the applicant has experience in both industries, the requirement can be reduced.
- Work experience requirement: At least 5-year of working experience.
- This position will have travel for technical conference, internal meetings on as needed basis.
- Required knowledge and skills includes running distributed parallel processing software under cluster computing environment, debug complex parallel systems, software development, two of Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Singularity, two type of programming language from Python, Shell, Golang, C++ or similar programming language. UNIX/Linux platform.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.