Software Engineer - CFD Solver Development
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a software development professional to contribute to our Flow/Energy/Species (FES) program. The primary focus of the FES program, a unit within our Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) division, is the development of core CFD capabilities within Siemens DI's flagship multi-physics simulation product, Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
The FES program is responsible for developing accurate, robust and efficient flow solvers for modeling complex industrial flows, such as turbomachinery, external aerodynamics, and internal combustion engines. As a program member, you will be expected to contribute to both development of new features and maintenance of existing functionality. Your responsibility will be to ensure a well-designed, high-quality, robust implementation; efficient operation; and good scalability in our highly-parallel, client-server platform.
As an FES program member, your specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring high-quality and robust implementation of core CFD solver components in Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Supporting maintenance of our existing capability (bug fixing, code refactoring, etc.)
- Design and development of new features based on requests from both product management and internal strategic initiatives
- Participating in regularly scheduled team meetings and contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology
- Supporting other developers through design discussion and code review
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or physical science discipline, ideally focusing on novel schemes for fast simulation
- 2 years’ experience in commercial CFD software development, or 5 years’ experience in non-commercial CFD software development
- Expertise in implementing numerical methods for solution of the Navier-Stokes equations
- Expertise in numerical modeling of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic applications
- Expertise in object-oriented C++ software development
- Expertise in high-fidelity and high-performance parallel CFD algorithms on heterogeneous architectures, including GPUs
- Expertise in development of complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
In addition, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Expertise in areas of physical science: thermodynamics, heat transfer, multiphase, or combustion
- Expertise in application of CFD methods: vehicle aerodynamics, internal combustion engines, turbomachinery
- Experience with Java programming
- Experience in multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.