At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer role. Person would be responsible for design, automate and deployments on specific cloud platforms, participating in all phases of the development, maintenance and routine cloud deployment activities.
- Design, build, deploy and maintain cloud deployments
- Deploy Monitoring, logging, alerting, Patching around infrastructure and applications
- Improving the reliability of SaaS Solution, Patches and CI/CD pipelines
- Working in close collaboration with multi-functional teams
- Participate in continuous improvement of architecture, infrastructure, processes including influence on the future direction and technology used for development
- Participate in scrum planning and tracking including task investigation, work breakdown and estimation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master / Bachelor level);
- Experience 3 years to 6 years
- Strong work experience on Linux & Windows systems is Mandatory.
- Familiar with the installation, configuration and maintenance of cloud server and peripherals.
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various need.
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Experience in Software installation, configuration and patch management
- Manage, coordinate, install and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on cloud servers through automation
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
- Understanding of Security hardening of systems.
- Exposures to Dockers, containers and virtualization will be added advantages.
- Security & Compliance awareness
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles, and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Proficiency in cross-location communication and English language
- Flexibility to adapt to different stakeholders and environments
- Willingness to work in open-feedback environment that wants to continuous improvements
- Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) certification preferred
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time