At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
We are looking for a talented software development engineer, passionate for cloud and IoT-based infrastructures. You will become part of the Research and Technology Development (RTD) team of the Test Division at Siemens Digital Industries Software HQ in Leuven. It is a young and multi-cultural team of circa 25 researchers active in a multitude of domains such as: NVH, structural dynamics, acoustics, vehicle dynamics, durability testing, model-based testing, IoT, AI, etc. for automotive, aerospace and mechanical industries.
Next to fundamental and applied research, the RTD team has also the role of prototyping demonstrators and Proof-of-Concepts (PoCs) of the developed technologies in order to ease the software productization step and, at the same time, maximizing the impact of the developed technology among the targeted scientific community and/or market segment. These activities are typically executed in the frame of R&D projects funded at internal, national and European level.
The proposed job is inserted in the ongoing research project titled “ACMON” in which four industrial partners (Bekaerts, ICare, Stow Group and Siemens) work together with one research institute (Flanders Make) and two universities (KU Leuven and University of Gent) on the development of robust acoustic monitoring in industrial environments. In this framework we aim at developing IoT-based digital threads for supporting full vehicle NVH quality control operations at the end of an automotive production process. Today, NVH quality assurance often depends on subjective and error-prone procedures. Automotive OEMs demand tools that guarantee more objective criteria for the assurance of the quality of their products. The envisioned IoT infrastructure will allow the acquisition of acoustic data during end-of-line operational testing of vehicles driving off the production line and will support the NVH assessment through AI-based tools for the assessment of the compliancy of the vehicle’s NVH performance to given targets. Such an infrastructure will allow the monitoring of the production process through objective NVH quality criteria, increasing overall quality and efficiency of the production plant, largely reducing the number of uncompliant vehicles brought to the market.
We need specific competences in Cloud and IoT-based infrastructure development in order to materialize our research innovations into PoC technologies for the application of machine learning tools to full vehicle NVH quality control at the end of the production process.
Your key responsibilities:
- Interpret and contribute to the definition of technical specifications of the envisioned IoT application
- Develop a smartphone-friendly APP for the interaction with portable edge devices for acoustic data acquisition and interface with cloud/corporate-based servers for data processing and dashboarding of results
- Materialization of the developed applications into one or multiple proof-of-concepts.
You'll be the developer we need if:
- You hold a master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- You have front-end and mobile development skills
- You have expertise with web development environments such as Angular and/or React
- You are familiar with IoT and communication protocols such as MQTT
- You have a dedicated and creative mindset for solving complex problems, good communication skills
- You are a motivated team player
- You are fluent in English
Other skills that would make you be the best candidate:
- Expertise in communication between web-APP and hardware
- Experience with Android, iOS, Linux and/or Windows
- Experience with either AWS or other Cloud environments
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in preparing and deploying services on the Cloud
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components and how they are architected in the Cloud
- The candidate will be hosed at SISW (Leuven, Belgium) for a period of 24 months, preferably in the timeframe April 2021– April 2023.
- Apply through the Siemens Job Portal
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time