Role: Software Tester
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyper intelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology, we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
How do you shape the future through Siemens Advanta? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow – the talented individuals ready to help our company transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Smart Grids and Infrastructure.
We make real what matters
- This role demands for a passionate individual who is looking for an opportunity to prove or showcase his/her skills in manual testing , and also test automation scripts for Web applications.
- Ability to understand, analyze, design and develop test cases for the requirements following quality standards.
- Conceptualize, Design and develop test automation scripts using any automation tool and test Execution (Manual and Automation)
- Skills to collaborate with stakeholders across regions and work in Agile environment.
What you need to make real what matters
- We need a B.E/ B. Tech/ MCA/M.Sc graduate preferably with Computer Science or IT background with about 2 to 5 years of work experience in Manual.
- Strong knowledge & working experience in Testing methodologies such as Assembly Testing, System Integration Testing, UAT, Performance Testing etc.
- Sound knowledge in latest Software Development methodologies such as Agile, Lean etc.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in test script development using any automation tools.
- Basic knowledge on Groovy/Python/Java Scripting language will be an added advantage
- Working experience on RDBMS(preferably Oracle), UNIX & XML
- Experience in Automation testing
- Working Knowledge of Test management tools like JIRA, ALM (Quality Center)
- ISTQB certification(Foundation) will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Good communication skills, proactive, self reliant and team player
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with various stakeholders of the project
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Chennai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time