We are currently looking for an Overhaul Manager to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock team based in Hornsey, north London. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of the Overhaul Programme, ensuring smooth day to day running of the Overhaul team. You will closely work alongside the on-going maintenance of rolling stock undertaken and controlled by the Production teams Supervisors and Technicians. You will be responsible for the detailed planning of bogie exchanges in collaboration with logistics to ensure a smooth overhaul delivery. You will also be accountable for ensuring our end customer requirements are understood and continuous improvement plans are in place to maximise opportunities for cost reduction, improved quality, and efficiency.
This is your role:
- Plan and manage all resources including people, plant, material, tools, and third-party services to meet the operational requirements
- Develop and execute production plan to meet business targets, keeping deferred work to a minimum
- Ensure all maintenance activity is undertaken in accordance with the relevant maintenance instruction
- Ensure optimum shift coverage minimising downtime, complaints, or delay to our customers
- Ensure any extraordinary circumstances or any complex work is built into the plan
- Develop good relationships with customers by ensuring consistent delivery of targets and issues are dealt with promptly
- Understand customer requirements to ensure plans are kept up to date and relationships maintained
- Manage day to day operations in line with agreed KPIs. Ensure short-range budget objectives are met and identify criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success
What experience do you need to apply for the role?
- Management or supervisory experience in a technical position
- Technical knowledge of Rolling Stock maintenance procedures/practices
- Engineering ONC or equivalent qualification or experience
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organisation/planning skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and environment legislation/procedures
- Basic understanding of project management principles
- Contract/Commercial knowledge
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time