Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
We make real what matters. This is your role
Purpose of Position: To plan, execute, and support the Maintenance team for the supply of infrastructural resources required for the business units in Vadodara Factory and maintain the same within the budget parameters & at optimum cost within the framework of policies and guidelines of SL and SAG with the objective of achieving and exceeding the business goals of the department.
- Execute & establish the Maintenance process through Corrective / Preventive / Predictive / Schedule Maintenance as per guideline for different machinery & plant equipments i.e. CNC Horizontal Lathe / VTL / Boring machines, Conventional Lathe / VTL / Boring machines, Welding Machines, EOT Cranes etc… to achieve departmental objectives/KPI’s
- Prepare the monthly/weekly/daily plan in line with the short/long term plan prepared by the department for the maintenance and upkeep of plant & machinery, utility items and equipment, etc, implement the maintenance processes laid down to support the execution as per plan, follow-up with vendors (as required) to meet the maintenance requirements on regular basis for the Vadodara Factory IN ORDER TO ensure maximum machine/utility up-time within quality and costs.
- Planning of Spares: Identify, Plan and mobilize resources after seeking approval from Department Head for the spare parts/consumables, tools and equipment, support in preparing the maintenance budget and adhering to the Maintenance costs, plan and maintain spare parts inventory IN ORDER TO ensure that spare parts, tools and equipment are available at the right time for the maintenance and upkeep of the plant & machinery and utility equipment.
- Execute the preventive/planned maintenance of plant & machinery, equipment as per plan, lead and supervise the maintenance work in case of breakdown, review the health of the plant & machinery, Utility items and equipment, plan and execute the reconditioning & up gradation (as required) IN ORDER TO provide uninterrupted service within quality and costs.
- Safety, Health & Environment: Plan & implement effective measures for Machine Safety, Waste Mgmt., Act & Lead towards “Zero Harm Culture”, Organize & Conduct regular inspection/test for safety compliance as per law & legal requirements
- Implement quality management system, working procedures & guidelines, initiate corrective and preventive measures (as required) IN ORDER TO implement QMS, achievement of quality objectives and improve customer satisfaction.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Diploma In Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Professional: Minimum 7-9 years core experience in Heavy Engineering Unit in Plant Machinery & Equipment Maintenance. Should work independently
- Conversant with various CNC/PLC/Automation System i.e. SINUMRIK 802D SL, 828d SL, 840D, 840D SL, S7-300 PLC System etc…
- Trained & having skilled to diagnose the fault in contactor logic based machineries
- Knowhow & fault finding of various field instruments i.e. Temperature Controller, Timers, Proximity switches, Pressure Switches, Linear Scales, Rotary Encoders
- Process: Should have at least 4-5 years experience in implementing the various preventive-breakdown maintenance works for the heavy-duty machines and should have hands-on experience of the same.
- Project: Should have hands-on experience of Machine installation & commissioning, Refurbishment & System Overhauling project etc…
- Additional Qualification in Electrical Safety / TPM / 5S / 6 Sigma will be an added advantage,
- Knowhow of machining techniques including the maintenance of CNC/Conventional machines, EOT Cranes will be preferred
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens?
This role is based in Vadodara but you’ll also get to visit other locations in different countries, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time