Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Join our team as “Software Engineer (m/f/d) CFD Solver Development” in Nürnberg, Germany or in London, UK.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a software development professional to contribute for our Flow/Energy/Species (FES) program. This unit within our Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) division, is the development of core CFD capabilities within Siemens DI's flagship multi-physics simulation product, Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
The FES program is developing accurate and efficient flow solvers for modeling sophisticated industrial flows, such as turbomachinery, external aerodynamics, and internal combustion engines. As a program member, you will be encouraged to contribute to both development of new features and maintenance of existing functionality. Join our team and ensure a well-designed and high-quality implementation;, efficient operation, and scalability in our highly-parallel client-server platform.
Your area of responsibility - exciting and with a view into the future
- Ensuring high-quality and robust implementation of core CFD solver components in Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Supporting maintenance of our existing capability (bug fixing, code refactoring, etc.)
- Design and development of new features based on requests from both product management and internal critical initiatives
- Participating in regularly scheduled team meetings and contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology
- Supporting other developers through design discussion and code review
Your qualifications - validated and adequate
- A Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or physical science field, ideally focusing on novel schemes for fast simulation
- first experience in commercial CFD software development, or some years' experience in non-commercial CFD software development
- Expertise in implementing numerical methods for solution of the Navier-Stokes equations
- Expertise in numerical modeling of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic applications
- Expertise in object-oriented C++ software development
- Expertise in high-fidelity and high-performance parallel CFD algorithms on heterogeneous architectures, including GPGPUs
- Expertise in development of sophisticated software applications using modern design patterns and principles
Additionally following background could be interesting:
- Expertise in areas of physical science: thermodynamics, heat transfer, multiphase, or combustion
- Expertise in application of CFD methods: vehicle aerodynamics, internal combustion engines, turbomachinery
- Experience with Java programming
- Experience in multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Mr. Markus Kies.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time