- The Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and engineering of Inverters, DCDC converters, Chargers for Electric Vehicles (EV).
- The right candidate will support design changes driven customer order configuration change request and in support of continuous engineering to support interoperability compliance.
- Experienced in the design and development of high-voltage inverters, DCDC converters and On-Board-Chargers for automotive applications.
- Experienced with power-electronics selection and layout for Thyristors, Si-IGBT and SiC-MOSFET based switching devices and circuits.
- Very capable designing and architecting the gate drivers for Thyristors, Si-IGBT and SiC-MOSFET inverters.
- Strong Knowledge of Bridge Rectifier design and multi-level topology designs.
- Experienced with optimizing Inverter and converter designs, to reduce harmonics and insure EMI and EMC compliance per UL2231 standards.
- Knowledge of Solid-State Transformer Designs and their application
- Knowledge of designing and sizing capacitor bank and signal filters
- Experienced in circuit analysis and power transfer efficiency analysis using Simulink electrical, Ansys and PSPICE.
- Design for Six Sigma tools and approaches, engineering simulation & modeling software, and phase-gate development processes for new products in development.
- Mixed signal PCBA layout using CAD tools such as Altium, ORCAD, etc…
- Design for reliability, test and manufacturability
- Conduct detailed analysis of tolerance stacks to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance
- Must be hands on in lab work for debugging circuits and prototyping boards.
- Experienced with developing high wattage powertrains.
- Familiar with Patent applications work and Intellectual property Analysis
- 5 to 7 years' experience with Inverter and power electronics design
- 3 to 5 year working with EV applications
- BSEE minimum, Masters preferred, in Electrical and Electronics
- Experienced with Inverters and power electronic switching devices.
- Highly experienced with Simulink electrical, Ansys and PSPICE.
- Highly experienced with PCBA layout using CAD tools such as Altium, ORCAD, etc….
- Familiarity with Hypermesh, ABAQUS and StarCCM+ is advantageous
- Experienced developing a product from concept to production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.