If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference.
As the Head of Health Safety and Environment for our Rail Infrastructure business, your role will be to lead the HSEW function to champion, facilitate and support the effective and proportionate management of health, safety, environmental and quality risk in the business. You will act as an expert adviser and a critical friend to leadership, management and staff, collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality function to ensure legal compliance, deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence, and establish a positive zero harm culture.
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead and manage the EHS Team, ensure sustainability and effectiveness of the function
- Support professional development, and manage resourcing to meet the needs and expectations of the business
- Responsible for leading and developing EHS Strategy for Rail Infrastructure
- Oversee and facilitate development of the HSEQ Management System for the business to maximise efficiency, effectiveness, and business focus
- Liaise with key stakeholders to identify requirements, facilitate development of business action plans and monitor delivery to address these
- Actively lead stakeholder relationships and act as point of escalation for issues where these arise
- Oversee maintenance of the business unit risk register
- Support development and implementation of risk control strategies, provide coaching and oversee implementation
- Actively demonstrate commitment to the Siemens zero harm principles and 4 steps process
- Facilitate promotion of a positive culture in the business and role model effective behaviours
- Lead implementation of culture development tools and programmes and facilitate adoption of these in the business
- Develop and deliver a structured programme of development to upskill the EHS team and equip them with the skills and behaviours necessary to support a proactive and engaged approach to EHS mgmt. throughout the business.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to identified team members in support of their ongoing development.
- Identify and manage key talent, proactively address under performance.
- Establish regular liaison with EHS leaders across mobility in both the UK and Germany, and in other Siemens businesses.
- Seek opportunities for consistency and efficiency where appropriate and share information and resources appropriately.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Level 5 or 6 qualification in health and safety, environment, sustainability or quality management
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional body
- Experience in working in Rail/ Construction/Infrastructure or high-risk industries
- Extensive experience in a strategic leadership role managing large EHS teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, management skills and influencing skills
- Coaching qualification or experience
- Experience / knowledge of engineering, rail and transport sectors would be an advantage not essential
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.#L1-RB1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time