Product Engineer (Formal Verification)
We are seeking a dynamic and professional product engineer (PE), who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced, technical, and friendly environment. In this position you will be focused on product development, technical marketing, and support of the Questa Formal Verification products. In this position you will be working closely with product development teams, marketing managers, and customers. Some domestic and international travel will be required once protocols allow.
Defining product features
The PE is expected to gather customer feedback and requirements, and identify current and emerging design challenges. Meet with product development and marketing teams to connect these challenges with Siemen’s current and emerging technical solutions. Capture requirements as product specifications, define methodologies, and drive product rollout to evolve the next generation products and solutions.
Supporting marketing activities
The PE is expected to work closely with marketing teams to perform market research, product positioning and create presentation materials. Present and demonstrate the Questa Verification products in conferences, seminars, and events. After product deployment, join marketing to determine, develop, and refine a path to reproducible sales.
Working with customers
The PE is expected to manage multiple customers and issues concurrently, and be very effective at customer relationships. Customer support activities include product demonstrations, training, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking. The PE plays an active role in developing solutions to solve customer problems based on their insight into the customers’ environment.
Ideally, this role will be filled by a seasoned Application or Design Engineer that has knowledge of RTL design and verification methodologies. Additional responsibilities include:
• Manage technical relationships with Siemen’s existing customer base. Develop a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with both our customers and the product engineering teams
• Deliver technical presentations and demonstrations to a range of audiences, from users to managers to decision-makers
• Influence product direction by gathering customer requirements and meeting with product development and marketing teams
• Participate in new feature specification, development, and validation process to ensure the product will meet the requirements of the customers
- 8- 12 year ASIC and/or FPGA design experience including RTL design, functional verification, and debug process
- Programming experience using Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL, TCL/TK, and perl/python
- On the job experience writing and debugging formal properties such as SVA
- Understanding of competitive tools, especially Synopsys Design Compiler, VCS, VC-Formal, or Cadance NC, JasperGold, etc
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
- Occasional travel is required
- Education: B.S.E.E or equivalent; M.S.E.E. preferred or equivalent
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time