Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Prepares various financial reports; compiles and reviews financial plans and budgets. Performs financial investment analysis at complex levels including rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, and financial and expense performance comparisons. Assists with Governance topics. Ensures conformance to IFRS requirements. May perform commercial/contract activities, pricing, margin calculations, etc.
- Performs complex financial and operational analysis to support short term and long range strategic plans and operating budgets.
- Evaluates data, prepares forecasts, analyzes trends and presents results pertaining to sales, operations, manufacturing, information systems, general business conditions and other areas.
- Adapts new developments in the field of finance planning and control. Dashboard creation and optimization.
- Serves as a recognized organization expert in specialized technical area of finance. Develops or engages others in developing conceptual solutions to complex, non routine problems and issues in a highly specialized area.
- Consults with and advises assigned management regarding advanced planning, consolidation and reporting issues. Works directly with business partners to provide budgeting, project, and asset management analysis.
- Performs complex financial analyses, prepares related presentations and presents results including compilation and review of financial plans and budgets, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures and estimated income and expenses.
- Carries out financial analysis at multiple complexity levels including rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, cost analysis, bid, job analysis and financial and expense performance comparisons. Identifies and communicates internal control issues for assigned area(s).
- Independently researches, acquires expertise, and develops solutions for advanced business problems and issues. Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with most situations.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex financial problems including the creations of financial models, development and testing of multiple scenarios and outcomes and provides feedback to assist in management decisions as directed.
- Directs or participates on major projects with significant business impact. Effectively coaches and communicates with team members. Develops detailed project plans and optimizes the use of time and resources in achieving desired results.
- Monitors implementation and results to ensure desired project outcomes. May assist with the review and evaluation of personnel performance under guidance of management. Reviews and analyzes financial reporting processes to identify potential improvements.
- May participate on Top+ team, involvement in development and rollout of new processes or procedures and acts as division rep on committees or task forces. Represents the organization as an internal and external contact and interacts and advises management on significant technical matters. Ensures all work is compliant with Siemens policies and procedures; financial information is prepared in accordance with GAAP and Siemens and Siemens Building Products accounting guidelines.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related finance field.
- Certification or equivalent may be required in some areas.
- 2 to 5 years Finance experience required.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of organizations technologies, business practices, issues faced, and problem resolution.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross functional problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Experience with integrated financial systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and multi-task.
- Ability to work within a team and cross-functional teams as needed.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.