At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This position is for a Product Manager on the Siemens Digital Exchange (S-DEX)’s team.
The S-DEX is Siemens’ eCommerce marketplace that seamlessly connects our customers to catalogs of Siemens and third-party software products and services, where customers can try products for free, easily purchase products and services, access and manage their accounts, and chat with sales representatives (US only). The PLM store is the eCommerce marketplace for our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) portfolio that includes an array of world-class solutions that enable faster time-to-market and increased flexibility for organizations to realize innovation.
A successful Product Manager brings technical and software expertise, as well as strong business acumen and customer obsession. Additionally, they can define products based on customer needs, the desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company. This position requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Candidates should have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications and user stories, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
The Product Management role is a broad one. We need business owners who can scale in perspective from strategic vision development with direct interaction with the senior leadership team to tactical product development.
This position is within the DEX Program Office.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Work directly with customers and partners to identify unmet needs; customers include internal Siemens DI SW business segments primarily but can also include partners and other Siemens AG business units
- Work with program management and development team(s) to define solutions approaches and delivery schedules
- Define overall roadmap strategy for a topic or sub-topic area, get buy in from relevant stakeholders and work with the team to prioritize work to deliver upon that strategy in a phased manner
- Anticipate bottlenecks, identify opportunities, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business and user needs versus technical constraints
- Clearly and effectively communicate with technical owners, product managers, and upper management
- Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience (MBA is a strong plus)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Product Management
- Experience with an agile development context
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Superior verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
- Analytical acumen, and comfort generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers of varying technical abilities
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.