Siemens SI EP NA IO Central Quality is seeking a Consulting Quality Professional to directly interface with customers to support product quality claims, work across business segments to help address customer quality issues after products have shipped, support resolution of field issues and corrective actions, create external non-conformance reports, and update customers in a timely fashion regarding the status of quality issues.
The Consulting Quality Engineer is to act as a quality expert in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) projects to develop product quality requirement specifications, reduce product risks, drive appropriate activities regarding failure prevention and effective actions, and ensure production compliance with product design by actively driving quality deliverables and overseeing projects from ideation through to completion.
In addition, this position will support the company's Quality Management System (QMS) activities, including support of plant quality managers with system development to assure high level objectives are met, providing clear guidance by ensuring strong policies, procedures, instructions, forms, and objectives are provided. The incumbent will develop quality control systems designed to ensure continuous improvement.
This is a senior role in the organization which requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, excellent communication skills, and a passion for excellence, integrity, innovation, and success.
The headquarters office is located at Peachtree Corners, GA with several plants located across the US, Canada, and Mexico.
• Serve as quality and reliability champion for customer quality issues that are found after a product has been shipped and help manage the communication and responsiveness. Monitor business quality objectives after delivery, report on the performance of customer issues (e.g., non-conforming cost, root cause, corrective actions, effectiveness of those actions), including the need for improvement.
• Establish class-leading customer quality improvement plans for incorporating projects in multiple manufacturing facilities to improve product quality. Ensure we have the right processes, competent execution, and continuous improvement in place.
• Provide senior quality support to the plant quality managers for customer issue investigation, and oversee corrective action plans to determine adequacy and completion of corrective actions.
• Support failure analysis to root cause and closed loop corrective action; provide quality data packages to the customer. Plan, prioritize, and provide mentoring to quality managers to ensure timely and accurate completion of reliability and quality testing.
• Lead problem solving analysis to drive continuous improvement projects in all levels of the organization for both products & processes.
• Mentor quality management teams regarding problem solving methodologies and other quality techniques. Utilize lean six sigma disciplines: Root cause analysis, correction action, validation, and control and preventive recurrence.
• Assist in dimensional variability reduction, process improvement, and continuous improvement related to critical characteristics. Provide technical support.
• Support product quality requirements in quality planning, qualification, verification, and production life cycle monitoring.
• Reduce product risk and ensure production compliance with product design by actively driving quality deliverables in accordance with established PLM procedures and guidelines. Actively support project management in new product designs by analyzing statistical data of the existing product and providing input for improvement.
• Lead the FMEA team to identify gaps in analysis, improve product design manufacturability to reduce quality risk, and provide input for improvement to project managers.
• Proactively support project managers with preparation of project agreements, quality targets, and Q-Gate documents. Partner with Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations to complete systems evaluation and process validation. Ensure the Pre-Launch project quality planning and comprehensive risk management plans are completed to ensure quality and safety of new product.
• Develop business quality objectives after delivery and report monthly quality metrics, manufacturing trends, failure analysis, corrective action status, and customer escalations.
• Support company ISO certification program. Ensure clear, concise, & accurate policies, procedures, instructions, forms, and objectives are provided and maintained.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, Master’s degree preferred.
2. Black Belt Certification and or Lean Practitioner Certification desired.
3. Technical understanding of electrical power systems and electrical power distribution/circuit protection products preferred.
4. Experience in ISO 9001:2015, 14001:2015, 45001:2018 certified manufacturing environment is preferred.
3. Customer Orientation, Domain Knowledge, Analytical Ability, Data Analytical skills.
4. Proactive issue identification and risk mitigation ability.
5. Knowledge of manufacturing practices and strong inspections/auditing skills.
6. Experience leading and/or facilitating Design of Experiments and Design Failure Modes Effects Analysis is desired.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly demeanor and must be approachable, lead with warmth.
8. Professional communication skills (written and spoken), strong communication abilities with effective technical writing skills required.
9. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
30% Travel - both domestically and internationally.
International travel experience and the capability to operate in foreign cultures required.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.