If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
Mobility's global IT team supports this with innovations and best-in-class IT services. For this and for the Carve-Out, which was carried out with great success at the same time, Mobility IT was honored with the CIO100 Award 2019 as one of the top 100 IT organizations worldwide. To continue our further path in our Technology Hub in India we are looking for ambitious, competent and committed reinforcement - Join the best!
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
The Web Application group is responsible to provide professional application services to our users of Siemens Mobility worldwide. We support our business units by hosting and managing different web applications for several Mobility products and projects.
Your task is to support the continuous service of our more than 50 web applications. Collecting and refining requirements, (citizen) development and continuous monitoring of processes, fast intervention and a high awareness of all current issues are key elements of successful operation and high user satisfaction.
- As part of our ITIL based service team, you will be responsible for the operation of our web applications based on ColdFusion and Mendix by solving tickets, requests and changes from our business.
- You will systematically log and process tickets from end users.
- You will analyze issues with existing web applications, track and solve them.
- You regularly monitor the application and proactively prevent performance or security issues.
- You are responsible to create and maintain the service documentation and regularly update the knowledge base.
- You will support setting up new web applications in our landscape and take over the service responsibility according to service level agreements.
- You will create and track tickets to our infrastructure provider and 3rd level support.
- Furthermore, you will support and perform development and design tasks with emphasis on programming, customizing, testing and maintenance of applications.
- You will also support to operate future applications in conjunction with our internal and external business partners.
What do I bring with me:
- You have total 5-8 years of experience and successfully finished studies in computer science or electrical engineering or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
- You have 3+ years of experience in configuring and maintaining ColdFusion application servers
- Alternatively, you have already long experiences and training as an IT specialist and have already gained many years of subject-specific professional experience.
- You have excellent skills in developing and maintaining web applications – ideally based on ColdFusion and Mendix.
- You already developed several web applications using common web tools and are familiar with testing and deployment of web applications.
- You can quickly analyze source codes and are familiar reading web application development languages.
- You have high skills in database languages like SQL (MySQL, MS SQL or ORACLE).
- Additional know how using JSON and XML as well as middleware applications like ColdFusion and IIS.
- You have experience in configuring and maintaining ColdFusion application servers.
- You are familiar working in a service team, ideally with ITIL knowledge.
- Basic knowledge in web security and cyber security.
- Documentation and maintaining of knowledge bases.
- You are willing to travel several weeks to Europe.
- If you also have fluent knowledge of Business English (Level C1), are highly self-motivated and are able to think in a customer-oriented way, then you are qualified to join us in our team!
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time