Pune | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
The System Interface Manager is responsible for the preparation, coordination, and clarification of interfaces between rail subsystems and to 3rd parties of the project according to relevant rules and guidelines as applied within the project organization. The overall objective is to ensure timely and proper clarification of all interfaces between the rail subsystems in accordance with the contractual requirement.
· Directs and supervises interface management between different railway systems – also driverless systems - in customer projects
· Development and implementation of project specific interface management plans in accordance with the tender requirements
· Evaluation of interfaces by interface management, change management and documentation management
· Manages interfaces between customers, partners and sub-suppliers or subsystems and guides members of all involved engineering teams
· Coordination of interface identification and clarification within turnkey projects with regards to interfaces between all participants and subsystems
· Prepares interface requirements and interface plans
· Ensures interface resolution within agreed timeline
· Gathering of information for interface and change management
· Regular presentation of work results in Siemens internal and external meetings
· Report of interface status to project and line management
· Coordination of rail subsystems in relation to interface management
· Supervision of compliance with interface management processes
· Creation of reports for the project manager on the compliance status
· Planning of tasks deadlines & management of assigned interface teamUse your skills to move the world forward
· Degree in technical engineering, preferably in traffic planning, traffic engineering or electrical engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
· Extensive professional experience (minimum 15 years desired) experience and evaluation expertise in railway transportation systems, ideally in the rail systems business, with the focus on interface management
· Strong technical knowledge on all major subsystems of a railway turnkey project, e.g. Signalling, Railway Communication, Electrification, Power Supply, Rolling Stock, SCADA, Track Work etc.
· Knowledge of relevant IT-systems and tools
· Experience in rail guided transport operation e.g. driverless systems is desirable
· Several years of work experience as team member in international projects / experience in large Railway project executions (at least two international railway project executions)
· Profound experience in technical engineering and interface management as well as professional experience in requirements management including verification and validation, RAM, Safety, operational aspects (specifically UTO/GOA4) EMC, earthing and bonding, test and commissioning etc.
· Experience in reading and understanding of contractual technical requirements
· Knowledge of project management principles for project realisation and execution
· Knowledge of engineering processes and standards associated with this, e.g. DIN EN 50126, contract and claim management
· Team leadership and mediation skills between teams
· Excellent communication abilities combined with strong interpersonal skills
· Fluent English essential both written and oral, knowledge of German an asset
· Independent and structured approach to work
· High level of customer and quality orientation together with strong abilities in consulting and implementationMake your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time