During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking to recruit a highly qualified and motivated CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) engineer to join its Development Support team. This position is part of the Development Support’s Discretization department to verify CFD software predictions meet the highest quality standards and help deliver highly technical software support services to a global client base.
We are looking for an individual with experience running industrial CFD simulations and who is comfortable working with any engineering application despite their complexities. You will have an in depth understanding of CFD and how to numerically simulate physical phenomena. The engineer must have a can-do attitude and must be able to manage multiple CFD projects simultaneously to show progress is being made on each.
The engineer will have experience modelling complex mechanical, chemical, electrical or electronic systems for industries that include automotive, ground transportation, marine, aerospace and chemical processing.
The selected candidate must be able to demonstrate a keen interest in modelling Internal Combustion Engines and the many other components comprising the powertrain, for the automotive industry. More specifically, have the skills and patience to work with large and complex geometries/meshes; mesh motion (like morphing and overset), and; new physics models for single and multiphase flows.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Development Support.
Development Support provide high level support that helps ensure the transfer of technical knowledge and expertise between Product Development and the rest of the company.
Development Support engineers are required to work closely with software developers as new versions of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ are developed to help ensure new features of the code are well understood. In particular, emphasis is given to demonstrating the use of newly implemented software features and their functionalities. In addition, verifying new features behave as their designs intend.
We collaborate closely with teams worldwide to provide advanced technical solutions that help ensure end user issues are answered and fixed in a prompt manner and software products are used correctly, to their maximum potential.
- Use CFD to simulate Internal Combustion Engines to help verify and support our latest software offering (Simcenter STAR-CCM+ In-Cylinder Solution).
- Prioritize and manage this work alongside the verification and support of industrial applications that range from multiphase gearbox simulations for the automotive industry to ice accretion for the aerospace industry.
- Making sure newly implemented Simcenter STAR-CCM+ code developments are well understood. Emphasis is given to verifying new code development works as designed throughout the development and release cycles.
- Triage customer bug reports submitted to the development teams.
- Supporting internal customers
Required knowledge/skills, education and experience
- A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other closely related field
- Prior industrial/research experience working with CFD software
- Experience/knowledge of supporting and/or testing CFD software
- Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and to prioritize different projects
- Good organizational skills
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Preferred knowledge/skills, education and experience
- Experience using Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Java and/or C++ programming skills
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position?
At Siemens, everyone can bring their whole self to work. This is why we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation where necessary.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time