Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as EHS Specialist at our Plainfield, Indiana, Distribution Center.
This position is an Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist for the Siemens Healthineers site in Plainfield, Indiana. As the site EHS Specialist, the successful candidate will guide programs to address Environment, Health and Safety regulations and standards (may include OSHA, EPA, DOT and other government agencies). The position supports and drives continuous improvement in the EHS Management System at the site, works with the business to drive improvements and identifies solutions to EHS issues/challenges.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
Manage the site’s compliance calendar, ensuring that regulatory requirements are completed on-time by members of the EHS team or other supporting functions.
Gather data, generate reports (internal and external) and maintain detailed records for regulatory compliance activities and EHS Management System tasks.
Collaborate with site Training Professional to provide or facilitate EH&S training to be delivered to all site employees through presentations in front of large groups of employees across a three-shift operation.
- Guide site environment, safety and health programs including but not limited to emergency preparedness, electrical safety, ergonomics, powered industrial truck safety, LOTO, machine guarding, contractor/construction safety, air emission management, hazardous waste disposal, fall protection, lifts
- Work closely with employees across the site and organization to assure compliance with EHS legal requirements and to drive EHS performance. Interface with EHS regulatory agencies for permitting and reporting
- Provide guidance as necessary to support the shipment of Dangerous Goods via multi-modal shipment methods
- Provide guidance on facilities or engineering projects in order to protect area workers and ensure compliance to applicable legal standards
- Lead or facilitate the investigation and root cause analysis of EHS incidents
- Work closely with Occupational Health on injury/illness prevention programs and processes.
- Lead, develop and contribute to EHS teams
- Participate in the internal EHS audit process at the site to ensure compliance with EHS regulations and conformance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 through the Healthcare EHS Mgmt. System.
- Support functional tasks within the EHS department such as purchasing, employee training, management or site communications.
- As a member of the EHS functional organization, contribute to business unit, division and Healthcare level EHS initiatives as needed.
- Manage site’s waste programs (RCRA Hazardous Waste, Infectious Waste and non-hazardous chemical waste) including collection, classification, packaging, and shipping.
- Interface with employees across the site organization to assure compliance with EHS legal requirements and to drive EHS performance, including as necessary with EHS regulatory agencies for permitting and reporting.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e. Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, etc.)
- 5 to 8 years’ of experience in EHS
- Experience with Hazardous Waste operations and working knowledge of RCRA regulations
- General knowledge of EPA< DOT, and OSHA regulations and EHS standards
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to recognize potential hazards or compliance issues
- Strong IT skills (Proficient in MS Office, and comfortable with learning new programs)
- Effective writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team, including with employees at higher levels of the organization
- Experience with Distribution Centers/Powered Industrial Truck Safety preferred
- Demonstrated professionalism with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrate an attention to detail, statistical and tactical thinking
- Demonstrated flexibility, ability to wear many different hats, multi-tasking without sacrificing performance
- Demonstrated sense of urgency in appropriate situations
- Demonstrated capability of success in a self-directed situation
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and work in a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work individually but also amongst a diverse team
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques, be able to articulate the process
- Demonstrated flexibility with schedule
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including modeling Siemens Values
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness, and ability to drive change
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.