Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position conducts facility site visits, analyzes the customer’s current situation, and produces plans for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs). This position also assists sales and operations in the development, procurement, and execution of Demand Flow projects. This is a Zone based position that can be located anywhere in the New England or North East area.
- Perform and supervise preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) and opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead facility site visits. (job walks, estimates, Chalk Talk energy analysis)
- Communicate with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMs.
- Assist sales in the identification and qualification of potential Demand Flow projects.
- Develop preliminary and final proposals of Demand Flow projects. Analyze blueprints and perform site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to determine facility operational characteristics.
- Apply building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software.
- Develop design concepts and schematics concerning recommended FIMs, including scope of work descriptions, code deficiency evaluations, savings potential, cost estimates, and data to verify FIMs.
- Prepare financial models related to repayment, including Return on Investment (ROI), life cycle costs, and internal rate of return.
- Present Demand Flow projects to customers.
- Responsible for Demand Flow project start up, implementation and Demand Flow Energy Savings.
- Evaluate energy supply-side savings opportunities, trash management, co-generation, water conservation, and renewable technologies for inclusion into performance contracts.
- Create performance assurance plans and assist with performance contracting contracts.
- Monitor project performance, particularly those that guarantee savings.
- Independently manage energy and performance assurance plan development, implementation, and ongoing support.
- Independently manage site visits and proposal development.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field; Master’s degree preferred
- Energy Manager or Professional Engineer certification required (CEM, PE or IET)
- Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA) Certification
- Energy industry experience supporting performance-based projects or energy services; 7+ years preferred
- Experience Participating in project/program management activities
- Experience Participating in technical review of system design and documentation.
- Experience commissioning semi-complex building systems, especially in the areas of HVAC systems and building automation/controls.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of energy supply-side savings, and ability to evaluate savings potential
- Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations, international or local building codes, and IMVP performance assurance methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- 100% travel to customer sites throughout New England
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Preference given to candidate with Chiller Plant operations experience in the following areas: Repair, maintenance, trouble shooting, programming, start up and commissioning of centrifugal and screw chillers
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.