Siemens EDA is a leading global provider of software for designing complex electronics, contributing to the creation of everything from cell phones to airplanes. Our software tools enable companies worldwide to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push technology and physics boundaries to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board, and system design. Ultimately founded in 1981 and acquired by Siemens in 2017, the business unit is headquartered in Wilsonville, OR (Portland)Job Description:
The Technical Marketing Engineer’s (TME) primary purpose is working closely with customers, manufacturers, Application Engineers (AE) and sales team members to promote Siemens EDA products. In the context of sales-operations, the TME shall be a technical ‘go-to’ person in the division for the AEs and is responsible for sales channel support and assisting AEs with technical product evaluations. Additional responsibilities will be working with manufacturers and local service bureaus to provide reference designs and design kits to support other customer requirements.
- To effectively convey the value and benefits of Siemens EDA applications.
- To work as part of a cross-functional team on marketing campaigns, delivering the technical marketing content required.
- To contribute to the product development plans as representation of the market.
- To support pre-release field testing of upcoming software versions.
- To be able to assess customer’s technical requirements in order to develop and implement technical sales plans. This may be through telephone contact, delivery of presentations, conducting demonstrations, articulating product value statements, configuration advice and engagement in technical benchmarks and evaluations.
- To drive products into customer projects to ensure adoption by creating methodology and flows; this may include integration into a customer’s environment and the identification of pilot projects for tool use and the introduction of new methodologies and flows.
- To assess the technical viability of an opportunity and communicate it clearly to the sales team. Using this information to establish success criteria for technical engagements that effectively position Mentor Graphics’ areas of strength.
- Share, in a proactive manner, account, evaluation, competitor, technology and other useful information as it relates to applications with peers, sales teams, and management and product divisions to help us to compete more effectively.
- To train and support Application Engineers on applications so that they may become self-sufficient for pre-sales activities.
- BSEE or BSCS is preferred
- 5 + years of EDA experience with Mentor/Siemens Xpedition Flow preferred
- Ability to prioritize and document all activities based on business ROI
- Deep understanding of printed circuit board design, fabrication and assembly technologies
- Can explain the underlying mechanics of the application that helps users get the best out of our solutions
- Capable of specifying and implementing scripts, libraries and other functionality required for successful tool or flow deployment
- Must possess extremely strong communication skills
- Comfortable presenting at all levels from technical to executive and sizes from small to very large
- No travel restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.