If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Mobility goes digital. Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people in Hong Kong. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world! Welcome to visit: www.siemens.com/mobility
Your new role - challenging and future-oriented
• Work and collaborate hands on with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to develop new services, solutions and value adding services/features to existing products.
• Lead your colleagues and take decisions in design, develop, test and operations of our software solutions, based on existing Siemens requirements and architectural and design guidelines, with high quality and in close alignment with the department head.
• Be responsible and visible in client meetings and support the team presenting our solutions and approaches internally and externally.
• Adopt and leverage best practices for development, testing and deployment
• Contribute towards development of test framework and implement unit/automation/ integration tests
• Contribute to the automated CI/CD development and implementation
• Ensure the team applies latest DevOps approaches to develop and maintain our services.
• Ensure solution addresses security requirements of product
• Ensure integration and submission of solution into software configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines
• Demonstrate a continuous learn and growth mindset
• Taking ownership and enjoy benefits of mobile working (work from home) and collaborate as part of a co-located Agile team
• Responsible for leading the cloud systems and software architecture in an industrial application domain for Digital Mobility (Transportation Sector)
• Identify technological advancements, gaps and risks that could impact future strategies and financial aspects of our solutions, lead change to react accordingly
• Drive the development of problem domain and solution domain architectures aligned with business strategies and requirements
• Elaborate and define requirements, both functional and non-functional, in cooperation with product management, product owner, and/or department head.
• Proactive communicate and document, systems architecture and software architecture, as well as improvement plans.
• Collaborate with teams distributed across different development centers, in face-to-face and in virtual meetings
• Inspire others and be pragmatically oriented.
Your skills and experience
Our ideal job owner is a proactive, open minded, exceptional Architect with good communication skills, a deep understanding of cloud and on premises solutions optimized for big data analysis, machine learning prediction and artificial intelligence applications. A deep understanding of latest DevOps concepts to ensure continuous and seamless operations of our solutions. He/She is able to map and transfer business needs into technical concepts to enable new scalable business models; taking the lead when it comes to coordinate the complex developments.
• Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar experience supplemented with real world programming and data science experience
• Overall working experience minimum 14 years
• Agile Process Experience: 5 or more years in an Agile development environment.
• Software Development and Operations Experience: 5 or more years
• AWS / Azure / Google Cloud Experience: 5 or more years of: Proficiency in developing and deploying cloud based solution using common cloud platforms; Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
• Object-oriented design and coding skills (Java/C# and/or C++ on a UNIX or Linux / Windows Platform)
• Analytical skills (Python) and problem solving capabilities
Business and Collaborative Skills
• Ability to learn / dive into the technology trends and implement them into existing solutions
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Proactive, self-directed, motivated and desire to innovate in a challenging corporate environment
• A solid track record of working as a systems/software architect with focus on cloud technology
• Several years of practical experience in cloud computing solutions, cloud security concepts and cloud operations concepts in a Business to Business and Business to Authority environment
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time