About Spectrum Power 7
More than three decades of knowledge and experience are now reflected in systems like Spectrum Power. Different solutions for power transmission and distribution, advanced monitoring, security assessment and operational improvement of an electric network are developed to obtain high customer benefits like high quality of energy supplied, energy efficiency and grid security. You will be part of a multinational team combining: Engineers, IT Specialists, Software architects and Project Managers, that contribute to the success of our customers business.
Your new role - Areas of Responsibilities:
- Administer complex Grid Control Center infrastructure within the scope of R&D for Grid Control systems in the development, test, integration and deployment stages in a national and international environment
- Plan, configure and size HW, Virtual Machines (VM) and network integration under consideration of upgradeability and scalability
- Installation, configuration and administration of storage systems and server infrastructures
- Develop concepts and strategies for the R&D development of Grid Control Systems (Spectrum Power) in order to create, secure and optimize sustainable IT networks within the scope of Grid Control systems based on Spectrum Power (SP)
- Administer and service the existing IT network based on Cisco-Systems
- Analyse and fix disturbances
- Create and maintain documentation of the network infrastructure and architecture
- Accompany network related aspects for the R&D projects
Competencies - Use your skills to move the world forward:
- You have a successfully completed university degree in computer science or a comparable qualification.
- You have in depth knowledge in installation and administration of virtualization solutions (specifically vSphere ESX)
- Professional experience in HW architecture, design and development of server solutions.
- Basic knowledge in common scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell.
- Professional experience in computer and network security
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- Your English skill is fluent to round off your profile.
Make your mark in our exciting world as Siemens!
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We’re Siemens, a collection of outstanding minds who are all making the future. You could be one of us! Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. Siemens in Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest is the competence center for research, software development, IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time