Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Remote Service Center Technical Consultant - Automation.
The Remote Services Center (RSC) is a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong customer focus, offering the right candidate the opportunity to build on current strengths, acquire new skills, and be a member of a highly impactful team. As a global healthcare provider, Siemens offers a wealth of growth opportunities for motivated individuals.
Our ideal candidate will exhibit initiative to learn and demonstrate technical expertise in clinical laboratory applications and automation systems needed to troubleshoot diagnostic laboratory instruments over the phone. You must possess strong computer skills and be able to communicate effectively over the phone, and through written documentation.
As a Candidate you must display a positive attitude with both internal and external customers, striving to exceed expectations at all times. You must be able to make sound decisions that promote the interests of both Siemens and the customer. Candidate must be a selfless team player and enthusiastic proponent of change.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing phone/email support for internal and external customers during installation and routine operation of Siemens laboratory automation products
- Consistent monitoring and accurate documentation of incidents utilizing the customer relations software in accordance with corporate and regulatory expectations
- automation products.
- automation workflow and applications
- Serving as product expert while troubleshooting with regional field teams on complex problem identification and escalating to Headquarters Support Center (HSC) as necessary.
- Timely action on and ownership of open tickets/escalations to troubleshoot and resolve internal/external customer issues to the customer’s satisfaction, and if necessary, escalates issues to next level support
- Meeting/Exceeding individual service level metrics to meet the needs of the customer and business
- Compliance to all Siemens pay and T&E policies, as well as all RSC Procedures/Processes
- Travel in support of regional field teams to provide on-site incident management and issue resolution (20-25% travel required).
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Siemens Healthineers:
- You have analytical thinking abilities to support advanced technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills for assigned product lines
- You have exceptional phone and communications skills to support collaboration with customers and internal resources to develop and implement action plans which resolve customer issues
- You have a positive "can-do" attitude in all communications and the ability to thrive as a member of a collaborative, cross-functional team
- You leverage team abilities to best serve the customer and collaborate with counterparts in other parts of the organization in order to resolve customer concerns
- You are willing to create an open, supportive environment consistent with the culture of Service Based Leadership
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and other applications
- Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Preferred candidate should have Bachelor’s degree in a science-related or engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 Years technical experience, with a preference for direct Siemens field service experience and exposure to healthcare IT and applications
- Strong preference for DMS and Automation workflow experience
- Familiarity with network and applications architecture as well as remote access technologies
- The position is a remote/field-based position
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday 10am-7pm (ET)
- Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) desirable
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.