Siemens Digital Industries Overview
The advancing digitalization, in tandem with the growing flexibility of production processes, provides new opportunities and choices for industrial companies all across the globe – enabling them to address more and more differentiated customer needs and reduce their time to market. Digitalization also optimizes the use of resources such as energy, water, and wastewater, which simultaneously increases environmental efficiency. Digital transformation paves the way for still more innovation, new services and even entirely new, data-based business models.
We support our customers in unlocking the full potential of digitalization for their company! As a partner providing leading technologies for the automation and digitalization of the discrete and process industries.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Develop, implement, and perform sophisticated technical assignments related to Electricity Energy Markets Management System (EMM) software applications.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Analyze, design, program, solve, recommend solutions, perform improvements, provide technical support, and implement modifications associated with the EMM System applications. Design, develop and implement application software for electricity markets using applicable theory, algorithms and solution techniques.
- Develop functional requirements, design specifications, documentation and testing of Energy Market Applications. Energy Market Applications development and delivery involves: Unit Commitment, Generation Dispatch and Control and Power System Network Applications
- The position requires effective use and modification to the solution techniques in Power System Operation for Unit Commitment, Generation Dispatch & Control, Transmission Constraints modeling and knowledge of Optimization Techniques.
- The software environment where the implementation is performed involves Windows/Unix/Linux OS, Languages of C/C++/Fortran, Oracle PL/SQL, and Perl scripting, Provide day-to-day technical support and be responsible for the operational market system applications.
- Perform problem resolution including performing root cause analysis and interacting with customer and application engineers.
- Provide support and knowledge transfer to customer engineering staff to apply changes to the real time Market applications.
- Master’s degree in Electrical (Power) Engineering / Operations Research or a related field (or foreign degree equivalent) and proven experience in the job offered or in an acceptable alternate occupation.
- Prior experience must include at least 3 years of proven engagement in the industry/university projects in the areas of Software Optimization, or Power System Operations and/or Electricity Energy Market Software Applications problem formulation in modeling or software development.
- Education and experience focused in the topics of software modeling techniques and analysis in the area of Power System Grid Operations (Generation, Transmission Networks) is relevant to the job offered.
- In the alternative, we will consider – a Bachelor's degree in the above-listed fields and 5 years of proven experience, or a Ph.D. degree and one year of meaningful experience in the above-listed fields and proven expertise in the relevant areas listed above.
- This is a remote US position but ability to travel is required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We offer full health/life/vision & dental benefits, a company matched 401K, stock based profit sharing, generous paid time off and an ownership culture.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.