We are currently seeking a Junior Category Manager to join our Tactical procurement team. This position sits within the Procurement organization for the Siemens Mobility CS business.
The Junior Category Manager is a key contributor to the serviceability of Siemens’s customer owned vehicles by securing a competitive supply of direct materials required throughout the vehicle’s lifecycle. Mobility CS provides long term maintenance, repairs and aftermarket parts for Siemens Light Rail, Passenger Locomotives and Passenger Coaches throughout North America. This position is located in McClellan, CA.
The Junior Category Manager is responsible for
executing departmental objectives including but not limited to:
• Sourcing – Manage demand reports on SAP and issue vendor RFQs in accordance with department process
• Negotiation – Pricing, Payment terms, lead times
• Procurement Process – Create and maintain the commercial information data (Procurement Info Records or Outline Agreements) on SAP setup new vendors on SAP as required
• Performs procurement activities in alignment with project management prioritization and requirement
• Ensures all demand is being worked in a timely manner by the wider Strategic Procurement Team
• Works with cross-functional business partners as well as SCM network
This role would be ideal for a driven, analytical and strategic thinking recent graduate, with very good knowledge on excel, looking for a fast track opportunity within a global conglomerate.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.