Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand.
What are my responsibilities?
• Evaluates and Analyzes Commercial and Open Source Software, Licenses, and Identifies/ recommends obligations for the usage in Software products!
• Ensures technical recommendations are up-to-date and reduces potential risks to the projects, and documents structured technical information!
• Performs component analysis (open source code / COTS / Siemens proprietary) using state-of-the-art Open Source Analysis tools (Ex: FOSSology/ Blackduck/Flexnet/SW360).
• Reports to internal or global customers and follows-up.
• Interprets new licenses
• Develops scripts/ programs for automation to achieve cost/ process optimization.
• Guides developers about - How to use OSS, main license type and consequences of using OSS incorrectly
• Executes core OSS tasks like - Open Source code research, patent and legal research
• Performs Technical reviews of reports and deliverables
• Drives a sub-set of compliance activities, coordinates source code scans and audits and distribution of source code package
• Creates reports consolidating usage limitations and obligations and provide recommendations for handling impact / mitigating risks.
Use your skills to move the world forward
• Do you have an Engineering Degree B.E / B. Tech / MCA/ M. Tech (Computer Science/Electronics & Communication/ Electrical) with 4+ years’ of project experience in SW development/ testing?
• Experience with Black Duck, Palamida and Fossology (alternatively, other license clearing tools)
• Excellent skills on MS Office, PDF, report writing tools
• Licensed texts cognition and variants used in software documents
• Excellent communication skills - written and oral
• Experience communicating/interacting directly with global customers (particularly US and Germany)
• Excellent organizational, analytical skills, and follow-up skills
• Experience with open source community management / moderation / contributions is a plus.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds