Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
This position requires Buying Steam Turbine Raw Materials, Sub-Contracting and Steam Turbine Bought Outs
- Procurement of: Raw materials such as Castings, Forgings etc., Sub-Contracting of Processes such as Machining, Fabrication, Welding etc. . Bought Outs like Lube Oil Systems, Gearboxes, Valves, Instruments, Piping items, Panels etc.
- Procurement activities like: Floating of enquiry, Offer evaluations, taking support from Engineering for techno-commercial evaluation of the offers to identify possible deviation, Preparing comparisons, Negotiation of the rates, get favorable terms and conditions from vendor and Placement of Purchase Order.
- Follow up, reviews & expediting with suppliers so as to meet the project/production plan, desired quality and requirements.
- Monitor all activities from receipt of Purchase Requisition till Delivery and closure of Purchase Order.
- Coordination with internal partners within and across locations in Engineering, Project Management, Production, Quality, Commercial etc. to achieve the required results.
- Support sales and proposal department in bid stage with aim of getting best price and terms from vendor.
- Compliance of Company Processes and Regulations of Supply Chain Management
- Carry out Strategic role like Frame Contracts, Supplier Strategy, Sourcing Decision, Commodity Strategy, Supplier Development, Supplier Management, Supplier Evaluation and Supplier Performance Ratings as per Company processes.
- Improve supplier performance through evaluation of feedback.
- Reporting Key Performance Indicators and other reporting requirements as laid down and requirement by Supply Chain regulations of the Company and business.
BE Mechanical/Instrumentation. Other disciplines & qualifications can be considered based on relevant experience
Total Experience: 10 to 12 years
Costing and Total Costs.
Experience in heavy engineering and manufacturing company
Tracking of commodity prices, Supplier base of oil and gas market & power generation market
Import regulations, Taxation rules
SAP, Knowledge of ISO 9001, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
Good Communication, Team player, Presentation, Analysis and Reporting
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time