As part of the Siemens Digital Commerce and Operations (DCO) organization, this position is a key part of delivering digital commerce capabilities in China. We deliver state of the art, online, commerce capabilities for the Siemens Digital Industries business units. Reporting to the Head of DCO, China, you will be responsible to assess, define, design, and help develop, deliver, maintain, and operate digital commerce operations in China. You will be the key person for understanding the Chinese market unique digital commerce requirements, defining how to best operate in China, best practices, regulatory, finance and legal boundary conditions, and organizational culture.
This role is an individual contributor who must collaborate well with leaders and stakeholders in various technical and commercial areas as well as groups within and external to Siemens.
Working closely with other DCO product owners and financial colleagues, assess, define, design, and help develop, deploy, maintain, and operate the digital commerce capabilities for the Chinese market. Using the existing, global digital commerce capabilities of DCO as a baseline, you must determine and help deliver the commercial and technical capabilities unique to doing business in the Chinese market. Using Siemens and external parties, as well as your own, expertise to fully understand and document commercial compliance and customer demands in China. Responsible for ensuring the overall regulatory compliance and functional coverage of the released product. Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. Support to create, document, and operate commercial systems which execute transactions between Siemens DI-SW business units and their customers as well as third-party partners and customers.
Acts as Product Owner for DCO on projects that span multiple products and organizations. Recognized by Siemens business units and third-party partners as a leader in a variety of commercial and digital commerce areas. Works without supervision on the most complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess, define, and manage digital commerce requirements in China
- Assess, define, and manage local digital commerce concepts such as marketplace, monetization models, payment processes, regulatory and tax implications
- Define, and help set up and operationalize adequate commercial processes and value flows to manage an e-commerce platform for China
- Enable a marketplace with third party sellers
- Prioritize commercial and technical deliveries
- Work closely with Siemens RC in China to understand market requirements
- Work with third parties to deliver on the complete set of requirements
- Work closely with the rest of the DCO organization to maintain consistency of global DCO capabilities and drive the delivery roadmap
- Work with global governance owners in DI SW and Siemens
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Finance, Business Administration, (or lower qualification with relevant work experience)
- 3 – 5 years’ Chinese commercial or regulatory working experience
- Excellent Chinese language, cultural, and business skills
- 2 – 3 years’ experience with digital commerce and marketplace Business
- 2 – 3 years’ experience defining digital commerce requirements
- Third party relationship development and contract negotiation
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time