Does working for a global company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology interest you? Then a Product Tendering role at Siemens is for you!
An opportunity has arisen within our busy Tendering department, based in Glasgow or Poole for a fixed term period of 15 months to cover maternity leave. As a Product Tenderer you will be responsible for the timely submission of competitively priced, technically, and commercially sound tenders to our customers across the UK.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Siemens. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is inclusive, innovative, and the rewards are excellent. With Siemens, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
What are your responsibilities?
- Be responsible for the accurate database logging of customer enquiries
- Examine and interpret customer’s specifications and site drawings to identify traffic related equipment take offs and services
- Collaborate with Regional Sales, Consultancy and Operations managers to determine the win strategy to deliver a competitive solution
- Arrange and manage “bid / no bid” discussions where required
- Manage the interdepartmental collaboration and contribution to a tender response including issuing requests to relevant internal departments to obtain costs and written responses to customer’s questions within specified turnaround times
- Collate all costs, calculate prices, and prepare summary sheets for management authorisation in accordance with company processes and governance
- The compilation of approved costs and commercial information to develop a formal offer for submission.
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- This is a customer facing role that requires excellent numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and a dedication to teamwork and success
- Your ability to review customer documentation to ascertain requirements and to manage internal and external relationships coupled with good attention to detail whilst working to defined deadlines is vital for success in this role
- You will be passionate and motivated with a proven track record of working within a Tendering / Estimating / Bid Management / Project Management / Supply Chain environment
- Dedication to the task, a desire to win and the ability to think around the total solution is essential
- Possessing formal qualifications in a technical discipline is preferable but a demonstrable willingness to learn could offset specific technical knowledge
- Proficient in all main Microsoft Office packages
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time