Smart Infrastructure – Building Products
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Procurement process by completing cost-benefit analyses and improvements for products and projects. The primary responsibilities include:
- Actively contributes to the product development / manufacturing process as well as implements cost reduction measures for industry products.
- Lead RfQ, e-bidding, contracts, sourcing decision and sourcing support to various product segments & locations
- Closely aligns with R&D, Quality and PM communities.
- Includes suppliers and contributes to cost-benefit analysis workshops/meeting, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
- Conducts and provides market information/analyses on international technology.
- Prepares sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological know-how and safeguard security strategies.
- Provides corresponding support for projects in lines of business in order to provide optimum input for quotes, workshops, scope of material and realization of potential for savings.
- Assesses and develops suppliers from the technological standpoint.
- Participates in workgroups and works in projects in order to stay informed and keep and others informed, and exert influence at an early stage.
- PO release by SAP & invoice approval for Non-inventory item / Service, ensure correct buying process.
- Internal process: MDM Procurement responsible (SAP info-records, MDM tools update) for ESN code “NMO”.
- Annual Price Negotiation, BOM costs review, update “Letter of authorization” (LoA) release.
- Align & deploy the related the strategies to match with our Thermostat Product Strategy.
- Support pooling materials strategy & related activities (e.g.: plastic, micros, relay & passive... etc.).
- Support HQ on supplier development (supplier meeting, audit, qualification, pre-assessment…etc.).
- Closely work together with HK LOG to solve sub-suppliers (components) delivery issue in EMS suppliers.
- Drive daily delivery on time, solve the problems & coordinate with internal R&D, PM and LOG.
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Degree holder in Engineering, business or procurement/logistic degree, prefer to have Master degree with professional registered
- Over 5 years solid track records of hand-on the process of RfQ, eBidding & Contracts handling;
- Over 10 years procurement on products business environment, prefer industry products souring;
- Demonstrate solid knowledge in EMS business, electronics components, mechanical parts, plastic injection costs and related manufacturing processes;
- Fully understand of SAP operation;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong ownership culture and self-initiative to commit targets;
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time