- The right individual for this job will be responsible for managing Smart Grid oriented applications. This includes Service Level Management, Device Management, Data Management, Environment Management, application configuration, testing, Q/A, delivery, operational activities.
- The System Engineer role will contribute to the systems and infrastructure availability, performance tuning, exception handling, patching and support the Global Managed Services team. This is a customer facing position that requires a high level of professionalism, working hand in hand with the Project Manager and Solution Engineers, Database Administrators and the end-user base to deliver a quality solution. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to work independently, remotely and multi-task in very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with team members to implement those fixes
- Collaborates with Vendors and MAS team members to ensure high quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Plans and implements system automation as required for better efficiency
- Deals with work process, optimization methods, and risk management tools in the given projects for the successful accomplishments according to the requirements of the stakeholders
- We need a graduate - BE degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or relevant field with about 3 to 6 years of work experience.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, etc.,)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS is added advantage
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python) and networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time