Our mission at Siemens Mobility Engineering
Together with our colleagues abroad, we are involved in the development of the modern rolling stock. We focus both on the overall layout as well as on designing particular systems. We develop innovative products in the segment of urban and rail transport vehicles. We can manage global projects and implement the entire project, from the definition of requirements, over SW/HW and mechanics development, to cross-sectional topics at the vehicle-wide level.
What is the outcome of our work?
We are a trend-setter, shifting forward the equipment levels. By creating energy-efficient zero-emission transport systems, we contribute to the fulfilment of the Czech Republic's, European Union's and global commitments related to energy, climate, and the environment.
We impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. You can travel in our metro in Vienna or London or use our high-speed trains on the direct line between London and Amsterdam. You can even encounter the fastest loco in the world, Taurus, on Czech rails.
This is what our work looks like:
The electrical integration department’s domain includes the implementation of electric subsystems both in terms of the HW design of components and the SW development for superior train control. We are also responsible for the right design of the entire performance circuit, from the pantograph to engines, including the traction substation control.
As the head of the team, you will be responsible for:
- engineering vehicle drive systems in the projects and project bids
- driving simulations, component stress calculations
- heading a team of 5-10 colleagues and their motivation
- setting and evaluating the goals of your team and individual members
- capacity and deadline planning/project work calculations
- communication with suppliers, production plants, and partner centres abroad
What do we expect?
- completed university education in the field of electrical engineering focused on power electronics/electric drives
- experience with system solution design and engineering for rolling stock traction
- German for daily communication/or English for everyday communication and basics of German
- understanding of quality processes (Quality Gates)
- desire to keep learning
- initiative approach to problem-solving
What can we offer you?
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 100,000
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague or in the center of Pilsen on Anglické nábřeží
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual yearly benefit budget of 48,000 CZK that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- contributions towards pension and life insurance
Send us your CV in English, stop by for a coffee, and get to the heart of the transport of the future with us! :-)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time