Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting SW Development Engineer to join our forward thinking S2S Cores Modeling team in Cairo, Egypt. This is role with a truly global scope, and the opportunity to drive continuous improvement of one our most important services.
As a SW Development Engineer, you will participate in developing Transaction Level Models (TLM) for Micro Processors, Peripheral Controllers and Interconnects as part of Vista and Next Generation S2S products. These models are used to create ESL Virtual Platforms (VPs) that are increasingly adopted in the industry to simulate today’s complex MPSoC designs for early validation during the design cycle.
- Develop models for Micro Processors, Peripheral Controllers and Interconnects.
- Use QEMU and SystemC to develop Models at TLM abstraction level.
- Develop SystemC/TLM models that can be used to create Virtual Platforms.
- Test existing processor models using bare-metal and operating system software.
- Verify peripheral models functionality versus behavioral model using SystemC.
- Apply unit test/debug methodology and execute test/implementation plans.
- Develop Micro Processor models for Arm, PPC, RISCV, TriCore, MIPS architectures and Peripheral models including Interrupt Controllers, Interconnects, etc.
- Simulate and Debug Customer’s Software.
- Write professional Functional Specs and Design Documents.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electronics and Communication or Computer Engineering with Very Good/Excellent grade.
- 0-3 years of experience in modeling domain.
- Solid knowledge in C/C++ Programming.
- Knowledge of digital and logic design concepts.
- Familiar with modeling using SystemC/TLM.
- Strong knowledge in QEMU.
- Good understanding of Embedded Software (Linux/RTOS) is a plus.
- Good programming skills using Shell Scripting, Python, Tcl, Perl is a plus.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We are looking for applicants who are knowledgeable, passionate and willing to learn, send us your CV! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time