Head, Critical Care Systems R&D
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Point-of-Care (POC) business develops and sustains systems for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) instruments for point of care and laboratory medical testing. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Head, Critical Care Systems R&D. This position is part of the Critical Care business vertical (Franchise) leadership team at POC and reports to the Head of R&D for the business. The Critical Care business spans both handheld and benchtop Blood Gas systems spread over multiple global sites. This position is focused on our benchtop systems and is based at POC HQ in Norwood, MA.
The Critical Care Systems R&D Head:
- Drives development of the product line vision and strategy focusing on the critical care franchise.
- Translates product line strategy into technology strategy, product offerings and key differentiators
- Is accountable for delivery of product development projects, including prioritization of delivery objectives relative to available resources and budget.
- Manages PLM delivery teams (directly and in a matrix) to deliver on project objectives
- Manages Product Line PLM budget,
- Executes on organizational strategy to build efficient, predictable delivery processes
- Builds technical relationships with KOLs, customers/users and other major stakeholders
- Builds functional strategy and supports resource and talent development
Requirements for this position include:
- Degree in Physical Science or Engineering. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Experience with Critical Care systems, especially Blood Gas Instrumentation is highly desirable.
- 15+ years in biomedical/medical R&D, with at least 10 years in functional management
- Demonstrated history of product launches in a regulated industry, especially in time critical environments
- Leadership experience with cross-functional teams and multiple management layers is required
- Experience in Agile is critical, as internal Agile expert and/or Product Owner
- Systems thinking mindset
- Strong written and verbal and communication skills
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.